Monday 21 March 2011

It's sowing time!

Finally I can start sowing seeds, in fact, I have been.  After erecting the plastic greenhouse in the garden, I have sown the following...


Beetroot, Brussels Sprouts, Red Cabbage, Green Cabbage, Chard, Leeks and Pak Choi.  I have also sown Pansies and Gerbera's.


Now that this has been started, the temperature is bound to plummet!  I'll be outside wrapping the greenhouse up and lighting a small oil lamp to keep the temperature up.


I popped up to the plot for about 30 minutes this evening and planted the onion sets and shallots.  I have a whole bed of onions which equates to around 150 sets, hopefully I'll be in line for a good crop.


A few pictures of where I am with the plot.


The raspberry beds - not much at the moment!

Rhubarb - and it's only March!

The whole plot - some of which still needs digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment