Sunday 29 April 2012

The Week on the Plot

Considering it's done practically nothing but rain this week I've managed to spend a little time on the plot.  There is still lots to do, one complete bed needs to be dug which is for the main crop of potatoes.  I've decided to rough dig this bed as it will get a proper digging when I lift the potatoes.


The second early potatoes have gone in alongside the few earlies Dad was given from Arthur.  Two bags of shallots have also been planted.


I'm always a little too eager to sow seeds and once again I did, this time with the runner beans.  They were in the root trainer pots and were nearly 12" tall and desperate to go in the ground, which they now are.  I've put a frame of canes for the beans to grow up and because there is still a bit of a chill to the air, I've put a couple of lengths of fleece around the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment